STAINLESS STEEL BRIDGES - SUSTAINABLE, MAINTENANCE FREE & ATTRACTIVE
Kloeckner Metals UK have partnered with Outokumpu to supply Stainless Steel material to the UK market. Renowned as experts in production of Duplex Stainless Steel, Outokumpu’s range includes Austenitic, Ferritic, Duplex and Martensitic Stainless Steel grades.
Duplex Stainless Steel material has started to gain traction among architects as the material of choice when it comes to walkways, rail and footbridges. Its high-strength means that architects can create lightweight and attractive structures. Furthermore Stainless Steel is 100% recyclable, corrosion-resistant, maintenance-free, durable and therefore an ideal material for demanding applications.
Most notable construction bridges with Duplex Stainless Steel include:
- High Strength and Corrosion Resistance – Outokumpu Forta grades are exceptionally strong and durable with high corrosion resistance properties
- Low Life-cycle Cost – Stainless Steel bridges can have a lifespan of over 120 years with little need for maintenance.
- Rebar – provides an ideal solution for rebar in bridge piers which come into contact with saltwater
- Sustainability – the product is 100% recyclable and does not require repainting or repair and therefore has minimal impact on environment.
- Duplex 2205 / EN 1.4462 / ASTM / UNS S32205 / S31803
- Lean Duplex LDX2101 / EN1.4162 / UNS 32101
- Super Duplex 2507 / EN1.4410 / UNS S32750 F53
- Super Duplex 32760 / EN1.4501 / UNS S32760 F55
EXTENSIVE WATER JET CUTTING CAPABILITIES:
- Cutting up to 200mm thick material
- Cutting Stainless Steel, Duplex and Super Duplex materials
- Max length 4010mm
- Max width 2010mm
- Cutting tolerance +/- 0.25mm
You can download further information on products & services below. For stock details on LDX2101; Super Duplex 2507 & Super Duplex 32760 please email our product expert here