MARINE - SUPPORTING MARINE & SHIPBUILDING INDUSTRY
At Kloeckner Metals UK we are proud to support our UK marine and shipbuilding industry, including naval and commercial crafts, for both new build and refit projects.
AVAILABLE MARINE PRODUCTS AND GRADES
|Carbon Lloyds Grade A (3.2 dual certified)||Plate / Bar (Interplate 937 primed)|
|Carbon DH36 / EH36||Plate / Bar|
|Carbon S355J2||Plate / Sheet / Bar / Sections / Tube / Pipe|
|Aluminium 6082||Sheet / Extrusions|
|Stainless Steel 316 / 316L||Plate / Sheet / Bar / Sections / Tube / Pipe|
|Duplex Stainless Steel S32205||Plate|
is an aluminium sandwich-type panel and plays an important role in the shipbuilding industry due to fire protection standards and the necessary weight reduction.
Thanks to its very light weight combined with its economic work-ability, the composite panel is used particularly in the interior of the ship for the ceilings, walls or furniture and in the outer area for balcony partitioning. In all the applications, the material offers optimum strength values at the same time.
Bi-metallic plates are composed of two dissimilar metals and provide the best clad solution when it comes to corrosion resistance, temperature uniformity, electrical conductivity, cost-effectiveness, strength, and lightweight design.
Bi-metallic plates are available in a wide array of compatible and non-compatible metals; with more than 260 metal combinations possible.
Our extensive processing portfolio includes:
- Flat Laser cutting plate & sheet in all metal grades
- Water Jet cutting plate & sheet in all metal grades
- 320 tonne Press Brake bending plate & sheet in all metal grades
- Multiple long product laser cutting equipment: tube, pipe, section, channel, angles
- Precision sawing & drilling: plate, section, tube, pipe, channel, angles
- Shot blasting & painting: section, tube, pipe, channel, angles
- T&I section rolling: sections
WE DELIVER EXCELLENCE...
- Through our strong and dedicated team
- Using our own vehicle fleet
- Across our nationwide operational sites
- By applying our ‘Total Marine Metals Management’ principles which are embedded in our business
Companies that operate in high technological sectors demand a first-class service and quality standard as well as purchasing metals on a project by project basis. The projects require careful management as they can often be complex and demanding, requiring a selection of different alloys combined with a number of value-added processes, all of which must be managed to a strict deadline.