Kloeckner Metals UK Limited (‘Kloeckner’) is the UK subsidiary of the German listed, market-leading, €6.3bn turnover, 8,600 employee, global steel trading and distribution group based in Duisburg, Germany.
The UK business, headquartered in Leeds, operates out of 11 principal locations, employs circa 700 staff
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Executive to successfully develop KMUK’s position.
This is a Business Development position working from our Edinburgh offices. You will be reporting to the Sales Manager. The role of Business Development Executive is to Maximise selling opportunities and ensure targets are achieved. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• To successfully develop KMUK’s position enhancing our current sales and gross margin in Scotland
• Identify and convert sales opportunities over a variety of products and services
• To maintain market sector knowledge including project and key relationships within the CRM system
• To produce monthly reports confirming progress commercially
• To assist in the identification, development and introduction of products when required
The ideal candidate will have:
• A proven track record within Commercial and / or Product Development
• Experience in the Scottish Steel Industry
• Multi Product knowledge ideally including Stainless & Aluminium as well as Profiling & Laser, both flat bed & tube laser.
• Excellent communication / Relationship building skills
• Experience of working as part of a high performing team
The Company and Benefits:
Kloeckner Metals are the largest stockholder & distributor in its field in the UK and Ireland, and a key member of the larger parent group. We are also one of the leading service centre companies in the European and American markets combined.
We have invested over £15 million in processing equipment over the last few years putting us at the forefront of the metal processing industry.
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an attractive benefits package which include:
• Contributory Pension
• Long Service Awards
• Discount cards for shops and restaurants
• Childcare Vouchers
• Gym & Health Club discounts
• Holiday Trading
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Lease Cars by Salary Sacrifice
• Life Assurance