Kloeckner Metals UK is the UK business of Klöckner & Co SE, a German listed €6bn international metal distribution/manufacturing and technology business, employing over 7,300 people worldwide.
It’s an exciting time at KMUK as although we’re one of the largest producer-independent distributors of steel and metal products with a network that spans 13 countries across 150 locations, we’re also disrupting the industry in the creation of our own digital platforms. As a pioneer of the digital transformation in the steel industry, Klöckner & Co’s target is to fully digitalize its supply and service chain as well as to expand its market leading digital platform to become the dominant vertical platform for the steel and metal industry and its neighbouring industries. As part of that strategy we are heavily investing in the UK business and are making significant strides in our transformation journey.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Executive. We are looking for a high performing Business Development Executive who is highly self-motivated, dynamic and possesses excellent communication skills.
The main purpose of this role:
- To drive KMUK’s efforts to penetrate and develop the Line Pipe sector and targeted companies providing both revenue and market share growth
- Manage all communications/commercial and procurement transactions with nominated Key Accounts – to include Digital transactions/SAP order input/Order tracking/KPI provision
- Support and develop sales via Digital channels
- To provide quotation/tender support including supplier sourcing where applicable
- Responsible for quality and upkeep of customer database/records/reports in KliCC
- To develop KMUK’s position within the Line Pipe product sector through nominated accounts and proactive commercial activity, enhancing our current sales and gross margin
- To perform market research/proactive calling to target companies and identified project pipelines/business opportunities
- Manage all communications/commercial transactions with nominated Key Accounts – to include Digital transactions/SAP order input/Order tracking/KPI provision
The Company and Benefits:
Kloeckner Metals are one of the largest stockholder & distributor in its field in the UK and Ireland, and a key member of the larger parent group. We are also one of the leading service centre companies in the European and American markets combined.
We have invested heavily in processing equipment over the last few years putting us at the forefront of the metal processing industry.
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an attractive benefits package which include:
• Contributory Pension
• Long Service Awards
• Discount cards for shops and restaurants
• Gym & Health Club discounts
• Holiday Trading
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Lease Cars by Salary Sacrifice
• Life Assurance