Kloeckner Metals UK Limited (‘Kloeckner’) is the UK subsidiary of the German listed, market-leading, €6.3bn turnover, 8,600 employee, global steel trading and distribution group based in Duisburg, Germany.
The UK business, headquartered in Leeds, operates out of 11 principal locations, employs circa 700 staff
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Executive to successfully develop KMUK’s position.
- To drive KMUK’s efforts to penetrate and develop specific sector’s (such as Energy/Defence/Marine/Export) and targeted companies providing both revenue and market share growth
- Manage all communications/commercial and procurement transactions with nominated Key Accounts – to include Digital transactions/SAP order input/Order tracking/KPI provision
- Support and develop sales via Digital channels
- To provide quotation/tender support including supplier sourcing where applicable
- Responsible for quality and upkeep of customer database/records/reports in KliCC
- To support KMUK’s position within nominated sectors (such as Energy/Defence/Marine), enhancing our current sales and gross margin
- To perform market research/proactive calling on agreed sectors, project pipelines and business opportunities
- Manage all communications / commercial and procurement transactions with nominated Key Accounts – to include Digital transactions / SAP order input / Order tracking / KPI provision
- Manage all required digital and site meetings in accordance with agreed Key Account requests
The ideal candidate will have:
- General knowledge of sectors which procure metals
- Excellent communication/Relationship building skills
- Experience of working as part of a high performing team
- Well developed SAP transactional skills
- Digitalisation experience and knowledge
The Company and Benefits:
Kloeckner Metals is one of the the largest multi-metals stockholders & distributors in its field in the UK and Ireland, and a key member of the larger parent group. We are also one of the leading service centre companies in the European and American markets combined.
We have invested over £15 million in processing equipment over the last few years putting us at the forefront of the metal processing industry.
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an attractive benefits package which include:
• Contributory Pension
• Long Service Awards
• Discount cards for shops and restaurants
• Childcare Vouchers
• Gym & Health Club discounts
• Holiday Trading
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Lease Cars by Salary Sacrifice
• Life Assurance