Kloeckner Metals UK Limited (‘Kloeckner’) is the UK subsidiary of the German listed, market-leading, €6.3bn turnover, 8,600 employee, global steel trading and distribution group based in Duisburg, Germany.
The UK business, headquartered in Leeds, operates out of 11 principal locations, employs circa 760 staff
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to successfully develop KMUK’s position within the Rail sector
This is a Business Development position working from any of our UK offices to suit the right candidate. You will be reporting to the Business Development & Marketing Director. The role of Business Development Manager is to Maximise selling opportunities and ensure targets are achieved particularly within the Rail sector. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- To successfully develop KMUK’s position within the Rail sector enhancing our current sales and gross margin
- To perform market research and produce detailed reports on all sectors, project pipelines and business opportunities
- Identify products and service opportunities, related to the Rail sector, which KMUK could introduce to enhance our market position and profitability
- To maintain market sector knowledge including project and key relationships within the CRM system
- To produce monthly reports confirming progress commercially in the Rail sector
- To work alongside purchasing to develop key relationships with required suppliers
- To assist in the identification, development and introduction of products when required
- To drive KMUK’s efforts to penetrate and develop the Rail Sector (including opportunities related to HS2 project) providing both revenue and market share growth
- To organise / co-ordinate and manage the development of KMUK’s value proposition incorporating product development / supply chain and value added services to the rail sector.
- Track and monitor Rail sector development
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven track record within Commercial and / or Product Development
- Knowledge of the Rail sector either infrastructure or rolling stock
- Excellent communication / Relationship building skills
- Experience of working as part of a high performing team
The Company and Benefits
Kloeckner Metals are the largest stockholder & distributor in its field in the UK and Ireland, and a key member of the larger parent group. We are also one of the leading service centre companies in the European and American markets combined.
We have invested over £15 million in processing equipment over the last few years putting us at the forefront of the metal processing industry.
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an attractive benefits package which include:
- Contributory Pension
- Long Service Awards
- Discount cards for shops and restaurants
- Childcare Vouchers
- Gym & Health Club discounts
- Holiday Trading
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lease Cars by Salary Sacrifice
- Life Assurance