Kloeckner Metals UK (‘KMUK’) is the UK subsidiary of Kloeckner and Co, (Kloeckner) the German listed, market-leading, €6.3bn turnover, 8,600 employee, global steel trading and distribution group based in Duisburg, Germany. Kloeckner consistently invests between 15 million and 20 million Euros per year in digitalization of the metals supply chain.
The UK business, headquartered in Leeds, operates out of 11 principal locations and employs circa 700 staff
Kloeckner has made a bigger investment in digital transformation in the metals industry than any other company in Europe and North America. Over the last three years we have developed a succession of digital tools that have helped people to do their jobs. We are now moving into a period when those same tools, and others, will actually transform the nature of work at Kloeckner.
We need people who embrace change, take responsibility, create value, are team players and are excited by the prospect of creating a sustainable future for themselves, partners and the company, in a digitalised environment.
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Lead South to head up the regions Commercial team.
Manage the southern Commercial teams to achieve all KPI’s and targets set in line with policies and procedures.
Assume overall responsibility for the commercial aspect of two sites (London & Cambridge) effectively in order to achieve all KPI’s and targets, whilst ensuring health & safety of employees, controlling costs and meeting the needs of all customers. Always operating fully within compliance rules and all policies and procedures as well as:
- To deliver the annual commercial budget of the Region.
- To implement the UK commercial strategy on a regional level to maximise income and drive profitable growth in the multi-metal sales arena.
- To contribute to the overall success of the organisation by owning the regional customer interface with the product and service offering, making sure that all functions of the organisation are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives.
- Develop a regional growth and business development strategy.
- Develop a range of tactical and longer term commercial plans to optimise the performance of the region.
- Deliver group targets across multiple distribution channels.
- Support and develop sales via Digital channels
- Member of the senior leadership team to maximise sales effort across the group
- Leadership of the regional commercial teams
- Regional ownership of the Multi metal sales strategy
- Regional commercial strategy development and delivery
- Forecasting & Budget control
- Co-ordination of commercial initiatives such as CRM / Klicc, sales dynamics, Sales Force Effectiveness etc
- Close working relationship with product management to ensure a product strategy that optimises business growth, procurement and stock targets
- Embed the CLEAR principles within the commercial teams
- Coaching and developing your team to help them reach potential
Does this describe you?
We are looking for someone with not only authority and experience of leading a Commercial team but also someone with gravitas and strong stakeholder management skills that will help convince people of the need for change, and the ability to overcome obstacles.
- You will be a change agent who can demonstrate that you have led cross functional teams through periods of organisational change whilst maintaining business performance.
- Proven track record of critically assessing business opportunity, devising strategy and executing plans.
- Experience of transformational leadership and management, driving business growth, restructuring for efficiency and penetrating new geographies / products and services.
- Collaborative and engaging, used to working in large organisations where cross functional team work and an agile approach to problem solving is critical.
- Strong stake holder management skills, together with a ‘hands on’ approach.
- Excellent influencing skills and the ability to deliver via virtual teams.
- Goal oriented and focussed, able to evaluate situations commercially and operationally.
- A proven track record of leading teams responsible for delivering profitable sales and growth.
- You will have a proven track record in sales management ideally within the Metals, Manufacturing, Automotive or other similar industry sectors.
- Your career will already have progressed to a senior management role.
- You have experience of successfully leading, managing and motivating teams, including managing team performance, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure, deliver to strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
The Company and Benefits:
KMUK is the largest multi-metals stockholder & distributor in the UK and a key member of the larger parent group. We have invested over £15 million in processing equipment over the last few years putting us at the forefront of the metal processing industry. Kloeckner Group invests between 15 million and 20 million Euros in digitalization every year.
As well as a competitive salary we offer an attractive benefits package which includes:
Defined contribution pension plan with a generous company match
Long Service Awards
Discount cards for shops and restaurants
Gym & Health Club discounts
Cycle to Work Scheme
Lease Cars by Salary Sacrifice