Kloeckner Metals UK Limited (‘Kloeckner’) is the UK subsidiary of the German listed, market-leading, €6.3bn turnover, 8,600 employee, global steel trading and distribution group based in Duisburg, Germany.
The UK business, headquartered in Leeds, operates out of 11 principal locations, employs circa 700 staff
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Control Accountant for our offices in Leeds on a 12 months fixed term contract.
The main purpose of this role is to assist in the delivery, maintenance and control of accounting services, for statutory, regulatory and internal management reporting.
Assist Financial Controller and the financial control accountants in the maintenance, processing and production of:
- Month / quarter end close processes (including completion of reporting files)
- Statutory accounts and audit packs
- Liaising with the third-party Shared Service Centre (SSC) in India
- Balance Sheet reconciliations (including payroll, gross margin and WIP) by:
- Collating sufficient back up to balance sheet reconciliations
- Escalating risks and issues to Financial Controller
- Balance Sheet reconciliation reviews
- Preparing journals and associated underlying schedules
- Analysis of data in order to identify corrections required at site level
- General manager site reviews
- Approving overhead PO’s – ensure accurate coding and checking back to budget – flagging variances as they occur
- Overhead review and identification of budget overspend
- Investigating finance queries posed by the business as and when required
- Other adhoc work as required by the financial controller (e.g. IFRS16 leases, internal controls and tax projects)
- Maintaining a constant view of improving underlying finance processes
- Identify risk regarding GL postings, completion of reconciliations, and maintenance of quality data
- Ensure adherence to Group Accounting Policy escalating risks and issues to the financial controller
The Company and Benefits:
Kloeckner Metals are the largest stockholder & distributor in its field in the UK and Ireland, and a key member of the larger parent group. We are also one of the leading service centre companies in the European and American markets combined.
We have invested over £15 million in processing equipment over the last few years putting us at the forefront of the metal processing industry.
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an attractive benefits package which include:
• Contributory Pension
• Long Service Awards
• Discount cards for shops and restaurants
• Childcare Vouchers
• Gym & Health Club discounts
• Holiday Trading
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Lease Cars by Salary Sacrifice
• Life Assurance