Kloeckner Metals UK Limited (‘Kloeckner’) is the UK subsidiary of the German listed, market-leading, €6.3bn turnover, 8,600 employee, global steel trading and distribution group based in Duisburg, Germany.
The UK business, headquartered in Leeds, operates out of 11 principal locations, employs circa 710 staff
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer for our site in Dudley.
Hours of work are 2:00pm to 10:00pm Monday to Friday
The main purpose of the job is to:
• To ensure that all machines are maintained safely & efficiently in accordance with all relevant legislation.
• To ensure that the Company’s legal responsibilities in regard of equipment installation & maintenance are fully complied with.
• Participates in operational projects across the warehouse.
• Carries out maintenance checks of equipment & day to day repairs, adjustments & improvements.
• Is responsible for carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance activities & working with the Lean ethos to ensure highest standards on machine condition.
• Liaises with the warehouse management to ensure that business requirements are satisfied by making sure that activities are carried out promptly & correctly.
• Implements improvements within the operation.
• As required installs, decommissions, recommissions, tests, etc capital equipment.
• To ensure that operational processes & machine condition conform to all EHS requirements.
• To ensure machine condition meets established standards for process capability.
• Liaises with operational personnel to ensure the highest levels of end customer service are achieved & machine availability targets are met.
• Focuses on saving cost on maintenance work. Contributes to cost reduction initiatives.
• Ensures that output targets are achieved & exceeded by achieving machine availability targets.
• Strong practical and legal knowledge of EHS, to able to conduct Risk Assessments.
• An understanding of product and process quality requirements and how machine condition impacts on these.
• Successful track record carrying out maintenance activities on a range of metal processing equipment.
• Know and can apply the techniques of Planned Preventative & Total Productive, Maintenance to improve machine condition, improve product quality and reduce downtime.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and e-mail.
• Able to read engineering drawings.
The Company and Benefits:
Kloeckner Metals are the largest stockholder & distributor in its field in the UK and Ireland, and a key member of the larger parent group. We are also one of the leading service centre companies in the European and American markets combined.
We have invested over £15 million in processing equipment over the last few years putting us at the forefront of the metal processing industry.
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an attractive benefits package which include:
Long Service Awards
Discount cards for shops and restaurants
Gym & Health Club discounts
Cycle to Work Scheme
Lease Cars by Salary Sacrifice