Our Breast Cancer Campaign unites stakeholders across Kloeckner Metals UK in the mission to create a breast cancer-free society. The Breast Cancer Campaign is just one of the corporate Kloeckner cares impact programmes we are participating in as a company.
The 2020 Breast Cancer Campaign
This year has no doubt been a challenging year amid the pandemic – especially as charities are struggling with fundraising activities, and the community is facing extended uncertainty and vulnerability. However, these challenging times are not without optimism as we are addressing global issues and highlighting the importance of togetherness and inclusivity.
It’s more than a pink truck. It brings us together towards a common cause – Breast Cancer Awareness.
This year at Kloeckner Metals UK, during #BreastCancerAwareness Month, we were supporting and raising awareness about Breast Cancer in various ways:
- Two of our trucks were dressed in pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Throughout the entire month, our trucks travelled 12,238.35 miles across the UK.
- Our team have developed the Breast Cancer Facts & Symptoms Quiz where you could test your knowledge and help raise awareness – https://games.kloecknermetalsuk.com/breast-cancer-quiz
- Our team wore pink on the 23rd of October.
- Our Breast Cancer campaign has reached over 72K people across social media.
- Kloeckner Metals UK has donated much-needed funds to the Cancer Research Now charity.
Thank you to everyone who participated and helped us raise awareness. It’s such a worthwhile cause, and it honours each, and every one of us affected by this disease: patients, loved ones, caregivers, doctors, survivors, advocates and more.
— Breast Cancer Now (@BreastCancerNow) October 23, 2020